6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Students must have passed one of the following units:, MKP1120, MKG1120, , , MKB2402, , MKG2402, , MKG2420, MKB2420, .
, , , , , , , , MKG3121, MKG3440
The development and implementation of effective marketing strategies is one of the key success factors for marketers in competitive markets. This unit provides an integrated perspective of the planning, implementation, evaluation, and control of marketing strategies. In doing so, the unit focuses on the practical application of marketing and other strategy-related concepts, techniques and analytical tools in marketing decision-making processes.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- critically analyse and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategy at different levels of the organisation
- analyse the role of segmentation, targeting and positioning strategy and the marketing mix elements in the strategic making process
- develop a marketing plan, which incorporates the specific elements of the marketing mix to achieve specific marketing objectives
- develop and enhance appropriate written and oral communications and analytical skills required for the effective presentation of marketing strategies
- evaluate the feasibility of implementing and controlling chosen marketing strategies.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information