6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
and any two marketing units
MKC2210,, , , , MKG3440, MKW3131, MKG3121,
This unit applies a market focus to the process of analysis and strategy development. Using marketing planning as a framework, the contribution of marketing strategies to the attainment of firm goals is explored.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- distinguish the nature of marketing decisions that a firm makes according to the hierarchy of strategy
- explain the contribution that marketing makes to the value of the firm
- conduct analysis of the internal and external environments of an organisation that informs marketing strategy development
- formulate and recommend marketing strategies that add measurable value to the organisation
- develop the written and oral communication skills required to justify a strategic recommendation.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information