6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
, MKB2420, , , MKG2420
The process of marketing research. Role of research in the marketing decision process. Developing key outputs -- brief, proposal, report. Planning and managing a research project. Qualitative and quantitative research techniques. Statistical analysis, marketing interpretation and reporting.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- define the purposes and scope of marketing research methods
- illustrate the processes and techniques on quantitative and qualitative research
- demonstrate skills on writing a research proposal and the conduct of a research study by applying appropriate research design
- develop competencies to analyse and interpret data by applying basic statistical tools
- critically assess the relevance of information for marketing decision making.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information