6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
For students in B2003, B20033, B2012, B2013, B2018 must have passedand and and one more (any) Marketing unit.
For students in any other courses (pre 2016) must have passed, and any two other Marketing units.
Students must be enrolled in course B20033 or associated double degree program.
The development of corporate marketing strategies; marketing planning procedure; evaluation and control in marketing planning; Australian case studies in corporate marketing planning and strategy. Concepts of product management; designing a product strategy; monitoring planning/marketing.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- define the relationship between corporate planning and marketing planning in a business environment
- demonstrate the relationship between corporate objective setting and marketing objective setting
- construct or prepare a marketing plan, which incorporates the specific elements of the marketing mix to achieve specific marketing objectives
- develop and enhance appropriate written and oral communications and analytical skills required for the effective presentation of a marketing plan
- understand how a marketing plan is implemented in practice
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information