6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Students must have passed MKG1120 orbefore undertaking this unit.
, , MKC3224, , MKG3444
The unit covers environmental factors affecting international marketing, the field of international business, international marketing research and marketing decisions, entry strategies, marketing planning, controlling and strategy for international business.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- analyse and evaluate how a range of international marketing environmental factors impact on selection of a foreign market
- develop, analyse, justify and evaluate market entry and longer term foreign marketing operation plans for a chosen market
- understand how current issues, trends and contingencies in global environment impact on marketing programs
- identify and evaluate how a range of specialised, localised and specific issues might impact upon business activity in a foreign market segment
- utilise critical thinking and applied learning skills to develop an international marketing orientation in a chosen market context.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information