6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
, MKB2420, , MKG2420,
This unit introduces sample survey methods, statistical techniques for the analysis of survey data and also introduces qualitative research techniques. It provides students with the knowledge and skills required to understand the role research methods play in problem identification, decision making, strategy development, marketing planning and the evaluation of marketing performance.
The learning objectives of this unit are to:
- describe the steps in planning and implementing marketing research projects
- demonstrate the skills and competencies required to conduct both qualitative and quantitative marketing research
- demonstrate the skills required to analyse and interpret sample data
- understand the role and importance of marketing research within organisations
- communicate the results of marketing research projects.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information