12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Enrolment in the Master of Urban Planning and Design.
Project 2 explores the creation of ecologically sensitive cities. Through projects that coordinate the built and natural systems that shape our cities, students develop research foundations, technical capacity, analytical approaches and modes of articulation through planning systems.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Demonstrate capabilities and competencies in ethical approaches to contemporary urban planning;
- Have the ability to strategically respond to complex problems and develop appropriate planning responses, processes and outcomes;
- Have developed skills in research, applying creativity and critique to address planning issues;
- Have acquired a high level of competence in communication and presentation skills: written, verbal and graphic ones;
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
Project context (20%)
Research project (40%)
Final presentation (40%)
24 hours per week including 6 contact hours per week and 18 hours of independent study or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information