12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Trimester 2 2018 (Off-campus)
- Trimester 2 2018 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in course B6010 or 2276 and completed 24 credit points
MKF5251Not offered in 2018
This is the capstone unit of the Master of Marketing degree program. The overarching goal of the degree is to prepare competent and responsible entrants to the marketing profession. Accordingly, this integrative, end-of-program capstone unit will help in translating knowledge gleaned from all other degree units (i.e. the academic discipline of marketing) toward the professional discipline of marketing. This will be achieved in the form of "direct decision making scenarios" (case studies), "experiential learning episodes" (simulation), "competitive situations" (mid-term case completion), "learning from academic and industry leaders" (research day, marketing masterclass, marketing breakfasts), and "immersive learning events" (industry visits).
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- critically evaluate competitive marketing decision situations and craft innovative and systematic solutions for which personal responsibility is taken
- exhibit a keen sense of personal learning from professionals (academic and practitioner), competitive and immersive situations and decision scenarios
- develop a perspective of socially responsible and culturally sensitive global marketing practitioners.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload equals 288 hours per semester.
See also Unit timetable information