12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (Off-campus Day)
- Second semester 2018 (Off-campus Day)
- Full year 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 to First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Have you ever wondered what academic research means? Do you have some special interests in an academic area in marketing? Why not consider the minor thesis unit. This unit is designed for students who wish to undertake independent research that advances academic marketing knowledge. An academic staff member will supervise the minor thesis.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- identify a research problem in marketing
- critically evaluate the literature relevant to the selected area of interest
- formulate and conduct independent marketing research
- effectively communicate the research in a minor thesis.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average six-eight hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of supervisor directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information