6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
Students must have passed one of the following units MKX5461, MKX9160, MKX9550 OR MBA9006 before undertaking this unit.
Evaluation of a marketing program is a critical ingredient of the marketing director's role. This unit examines various means of diagnosing, assessing, tracking and evaluating performance and modifying actions to improve marketing operations.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- conduct a comprehensive marketing productivity analysis using marketing audit models
- determine the adequacy of the existing organisational information systems and marketing effectiveness measures
- complete a strategic marketing policy review and design information systems to improve control and modify analysis procedures
- present the audit approach (philosophy); key information issues, control and modification procedures to class
- develop and adopt marketing audit model to suit circumstances.
Within semester assessment: 70% + Examination: 30%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information