12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (Off-campus Day)
- Second semester 2018 (Off-campus Day)
- Full year 2018 (Off-campus Day)
- Second semester 2018 to First semester 2019 (Off-campus Day)
Do you want to apply what you have learnt from the units in your Master's program? Do you have a good idea from your work or even an assignment which you would like to further explore? Why not consider the major project unit. This unit is designed for students who wish to undertake an application-oriented research project. The project may be related to the students' current workplace or a special area of interest. An academic staff member will supervise the major project.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- identify a major practical issue in a marketing-related area of interest
- use marketing principles and frameworks to investigate and analyse the issue
- provide suitable practical solutions or advice on the issue
- effectively communicate the major project in a written report.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average six-eight hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of supervisor directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information