6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
Services marketing provides students with a broad understanding of the application of marketing concepts and theories to the services sector. This includes understanding service design and delivery, customer service, service quality measurement and internal marketing.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- analyse the key services marketing concepts and theories
- examine the unique challenges inherent in marketing and managing services
- apply strategies, tools and approaches to the unique challenges of service marketing and management
- propose key services marketing concepts that can be applied to a range of services marketing problems.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information