6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Term 2 2018 (On-campus block of classes)
- Trimester 3 2018 (On-campus block of classes)
International strategic management; ethics and social responsibility, communication and interpersonal relations; employee attitudes and motivation; cross-cultural leadership; control and conflict issues, international human resource management and comparative industrial relations.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- evaluate the changing nature of international management processes
- relate management theory to varying and different cultures in the Southern African context
- describe and explain the complex challenges facing business and managers in a cross-cultural setting
- critically compare and contrast a range of cross-cultural variables in the international business management environment and explain their impact on international management.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information