6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit critically explores design research approaches. Students will investigate and test evolving relationships between designing and researching. These explorations will also contribute to formulating and articulating relevant agendas for the student's interior architecture research projects.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- investigate, consider and apply diverse design research approaches
- describe and defend a considered position using scholarly conventions
- situate personal and speculative design practices within a critical discourse
- develop an appropriate interior architecture design research proposal
- understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100 mixed mode
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent
See also Unit timetable information