6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
, or ,
, IAR1402, IAR1410, DIS2908
This unit introduces basic techniques of visualisation for the exploration and communication of interior architecture. These techniques are examined, and then applied to the communication of interior architectural experiences throughout the design process. The student will use a range of media including digital modelling, and develop proposals in two and three dimensions.
On successful completion of this unit, students will have the ability to:
- distinguish and understand basic techniques for the communication of interior architectural design
- draw in 2D and 3D using computer aided design software
- understand the integration of a range of media in the communication of interior architecture proposals
- demonstrate an understanding of basic drawing conventions used in interior architecture and related disciplines
- understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% Mixed Mode Assessment.
Includes progressive assessment and folio.
On campus: 12 hours per week including 3 contact hours and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent
See also Unit timetable information