6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
Communication and media skills required by the professional interior architect, including technical communication and documentation, presentation methods and media, and their applications. Lectures cover the range of media, technical and construction drawing, and specification, and briefing document drafting. Demonstrations and exercises focus on skills in 2D and 3D media, and presentation techniques.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- Understand the range and applications of two and three-dimensional media available for exploring and presenting interior architecture designs
- Be able to execute conceptual and presentation-standard orthographic and perspective drawings with knowledge of the underlying compositional principles
- Understand the range and application of text-based, electronic, and live presentation formats available for exploring and presenting interior architecture designs
- Be familiar with the conventions for technical and construction documents and be able to execute technical and construction drawings to a competent standard
- Be able to draft basic documents relevant to the practice of interior architecture.
Exercises and projects: 80% Minor assignment: 10% Verbal presentation: 10%
4 taught hours and 8 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information