12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Must have passed FNA2111
Any FNA, VIS or VPR level 2 unit
This unit is the fourth in the sequence for students to continue a range of leading contemporary art practices and methodologies. The unit promotes conceptual and material processes through interdisciplinary exchange, material and fabrication procedures. Associated projects are introduced based on theories of contemporary art practices, collaborative practices and individual modes of research focused outcomes. Students will develop inventive and sustainable solutions to a series of projects that will enable them to continue to develop a personal methodology and language.
- Further extend both skills in art making and student vocabulary of materials and studio processes;
- Possess considerable manipulative skills in students chosen area of self-expression;
- Further develop levels of experimentation and investigation within students work, moving towards a focus on specific themes and technologies;
- Be familiar with current issues in fine art and recognise the potential to produce works within the framework of contemporary culture;
- Develop an increased capacity for the constructive appraisal of their own work, and that of others, and are able to articulate this through oral presentations and written documentation, and;
- Increased understanding and practice the rules of occupational health and safety in force in the studio, and are able to collaborate and co-operate safely and productively within the studio environment.
100% mixed mode
24 hours per week, including 8 hours of taught studio and 16 hours of personal study and studio practice.
See also Unit timetable information