12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit is the third in the sequence for students to continue a range of leading contemporary art practices and methodologies. The unit promotes conceptual and material processes through painting, sculpture, print and photomedia, integrated drawing, interdisciplinary exchange, material and fabrication procedures. Associated projects are introduced based on theories of contemporary art practices, collaborative practices and individual modes of research focused outcomes. Students will develop inventive and sustainable solutions to a series of projects that will enable them to continue to develop a personal methodology and language.
- Develop a deeper level of awareness of practical aesthetic and technical systems or theories and the skills related to them;
- Possess considerable manipulative skills in their chosen area of self-expression;
- Have enhanced perceptual skills and critical sensibility necessary for the development of a personal language;
- Be familiar with current issues in fine art and recognise the potential to produce works within the framework of contemporary culture;
- Demonstrate a growing sophisticated ability to contextualise their work and its theoretical and material rationale within the field of contemporary art practices, and;
- Develop their own conceptual and expressive strengths in relation to historical and current visual art practices.
100% mixed mode.
24 hours per week, including 8 hours of taught studio and 16 hours of personal study and studio practice.
See also Unit timetable information