24 points, SCA Band 2, 0.500 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Full year 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 to First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Enrolment in an approved Honours or Graduate Diploma in science in the discipline of Atmospheric science, Environmental science, Geographical science or Geosciences
ATM4100, ATS4778, ATS4779, ESC4100, GPS4100
The unit represents the Honours research program for the School of Earth, Atmosphere, and Environment and will consist of a research project combined with coursework taken in. The research projects will span the discipline of Environmental, Atmospheric Sciences as well as Geology and Geophysics.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Synthesise and summarise current knowledge from the literature.
- Raise and develop a scientific question after conducting literature reviews.
- Propose a method to test hypotheses relevant to the science question.
- Carry out a research project with a high degree of independence.
- Collect data relevant to the science question.
- Provide an objective analysis of the data.
- Develop a sound interpretation of their data and discuss their interpretation in a scientific manner.
- Communicate their findings in a written form.
Four days per week attendance at Monash
Regular communication/meetings with supervisors.
See also Unit timetable information