6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit is only available to students enrolled in a Bachelor of Music single or double degree - Creative music technology specialisation.
- The unit has a compulsory ensemble componentensemble component (http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/music/category/performance-studies/student-ensembles/). Some ensembles are subject to audition. Normally, auditions take place in Week 1 of the semester. Please see the unit guide for further information.
- Students who fail this unit will need permission from the unit coordinator in order to repeat the unit.
This unit extends advanced skills in creative music technology by requiring students to create a final work that encompasses recordings, productions and live performance(s). The final work should be of greater complexity and difficulty than that presented for assessment inCreative music technology 5.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Create a final work, encompassing recordings, productions and live performance, utilising advanced creative music technology conceptual and production skills.
- Utilise strategies and technologies to facilitate highly detailed concepts.
- Employ a distinctive workflow that reflects advanced creative and personal 'sound' production values.
- Demonstrate perceptive music listening skills and informed peer reviewing skills through verbal critiques.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information