6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
ATS2130 or ATS2809
This unit is only available to students enrolled in a Bachelor of Music single or double degree - Creative music technology specialisation.
- The unit has a compulsory ensemble componentensemble component (http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/music/category/performance-studies/student-ensembles/). Some ensembles are subject to audition. Normally, auditions take place in Week 1 of the semester. Please see the unit guide for further information.
- Students who fail this unit will need permission from the unit coordinator in order to repeat the unit.
This unit develops advanced skills in creative music technology by requiring students to conceptualise and articulate a distinctive work (for example, a performance or installation). Students also develop new strategies and refine personal 'sound' production values in relation to this task.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Conceptualise and articulate the basis for a distinctive work.
- Utilise strategies and technologies to facilitate detailed concepts.
- Employ personal 'sound' production values that are inherent in recorded music.
- Demonstrate perceptive music listening skills and informed peer reviewing skills through verbal critiques.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information