6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
Admission to Masters of Architecture Course,
Professional Studies 1 exposes students to the multiple requirements and determinants that shape the stages of the professional project cycle. Through project-based exercises, students engage with the professional ethics and practices required for project development. The unit analyses the different project stages, with an emphasis on fostering critical and reflective practices.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- Understand the professional project cycle and the roles and responsibilities of the architect and participants in shaping the built environment.
- Gain familiarity with the legal responsibilities of the architect in relation to contracts, codes and regulations.
- Have developed awareness of the collaborative processes and engagements inherent in architectural production.
- Have an understanding of professional ethics in relation to complex project cycles.
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% mixed mode
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours per week and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information