18 points, SCA Band 1, 0.375 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in F3701 Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours)
This unit is the second part of a major art history and theory research project; followingProject studies (Art history and theory honours), it provides an opportunity to extend research and complete the work required for the written thesis. The thesis should be on a topic chosen by the student and approved by the department by at the time of application. The thesis will be written under supervision, and students will be expected to meet regularly with their supervisors. The thesis must be submitted in two typed copies, suitably bound, at the end of the Second Semester.
On successful completion of this unit, students should:
- be aware of current discourses in relation to an area of contemporary artistic production;
- be able to advance sustained critical arguments in relation to a specialized topic;
- be capable of high level bibliographical research in their chosen field;
- be able to offer fresh interpretations of the literature in their chosen field;
- be capable of conducting independent research at an advanced level;
- be capable of presenting a logically structured long-form text to a high standard of presentation
Thesis 15,000 words (100%)
This unit does not have prescribed contact hours; candidates will arrange to meet with supervisors as necessary. As a guide 36 hours of personal study are recommended.
See also Unit timetable information