Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
Central Clinical School
All research students will be required to undertake compulsory training in the following areas:
- Monash Graduate Research Induction (online)
- Research Integrity (online)
- Faculty induction, including occupational health and safety (where required).
Professional development component
Students must, in consultation with their supervisor(s), satisfactorily complete a minimum of 120 hours of graduate research professional development activities offered or recognised by the University:
- 60 hours (minimum) of professional development activities offered or recognised from the 'Excellence in Research and Teaching' category
- 60 hours (minimum) of professional development activities offered or recognised from the 'Professionalism, Innovation and Career' category.
Students will discuss with their supervisors which optional activities best suit their interests and area of study and complete any mandated activities. Students are required to update their supervisors on their progress toward achieving the required hours of professional development activities.
Students may be required to complete specific activities offered through the Monash Doctoral ProgramMonash Doctoral Program (http://www.monash.edu/graduate-research/future-students/phd).
Attendance will be monitored to ensure hours are accurately recorded.
Students may also be directed or encouraged to attend and make presentations at various forums throughout their enrolment.
For detailed information about the options available in this PhD program, visit the Monash Doctoral ProgramMonash Doctoral Program (http://www.monash.edu/graduate-research/future-students/phd) webpage.
0047 Doctor of Philosophy