This specialisation is for those interested in leading educational initiatives and institutions. It focuses on leadership practices and policy development within educational contexts. You will explore the concept and characteristics of a capable organisation, develop effective strategies to lead, manage and administer a capable organisation and learn how to build organisational resilience when confronted with change. Using empirical research you will evaluate the decision-making process that occurs within organisations and the aspects that influence it and design strategies to improve problem-solving and decision-making processes and outcomes and enhance organisational capabilities.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
In order to graduate from D6002 Master of Education with a specialisation in educational leadership and policy students must complete two or three enhanced professional learning units as follows (24 or 36 points).
Students complete one or two of the following:
and one or two of the following:
- EDF5632 Understanding inclusion in learning communities
- EDF5637 Inner leadership: Understanding self and others
- EDF5657Not offered in 2018 Indigenous perspectives in professional practice
- EDF5661 Designing learning for adults
- EDF5662Not offered in 2018 Leading local, rural and regional learning and participation
- EDF5663 Education and globalisation in the Asian century
Refer to the course entry for full course requirements.
Related areas of study
Successful completion of this postgraduate specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following degree:
- D6002 Master of Education
Students in other degrees are not eligible to complete this specialisation.