This specialisation focuses on ways to lead and develop communities of learners and their learning; in workplaces, communities and in local, regional, global and virtual spaces. It offers ideas and approaches to enable participation and learning, through formal and non-formal means, and to expand and extend practice and skill development in communities. You will deepen your knowledge of how to lead and develop individuals and communities through workplace and vocational learning, regional education, global and intercultural education, through partnerships, community building and policy making.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
In order to graduate from D6002 Master of Education with a specialisation in adult learning students must complete two or three enhanced professional learning units as follows (24 or 36 points).
Students complete one or two of the following:
and one or two of the following:
- EDF5632 Understanding inclusion in learning communities
- EDF5657Not offered in 2018 Indigenous perspectives in professional practice
- EDF5658 Young people: Culture, communities and education
- EDF5659 Building partnerships with families and communities
- EDF5662Not offered in 2018 Leading local, rural and regional learning and participation
- EDF5663 Education and globalisation in the Asian century
- EDF5666Not offered in 2018 Education, development and ecological sustainability
Refer to the course entry for full course requirements.
Related areas of study
Successful completion of this postgraduate specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following degree:
- D6002 Master of Education
Students in other degrees are not eligible to complete this specialisation.