Business, ethics and society investigates and activates the role of business as ethical and social leaders. The specialisation equips students with an understanding of the theoretical foundations and practical issues of internal and external ethical and societal forces that businesses face, respond to and activate. Business, ethics and society especially develops students' critical engagement and leadership capabilities to manage diversity, inclusiveness, and work and life. These capacities are developed within a strong context of ethics and corporate responsibility, and the domestic and international environments in which organisations operate. The specialisation prepares students for active managerial roles within organisations in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
Graduate Student Office: Telephone: +61 3 9903 1400, Fax: + 61 3 9903 1357, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- two of the following units (12 points) not already completed in Part B:
- Business ethics in a global environment
- Corporate social responsibility
- Professional development - Career dynamics
- Professional development - Self and relationships
- the four following units (24 points):
- Managing diversity and inclusion
- Leadership theory and practice
- Managing work and life
- Cross-cultural management communication
Units are 6 credit points unless otherwise stated.
Successful completion of this specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following degree:
- B6005 Master of Business
Students in other degrees are not eligible to complete this specialisation.