18 points, SCA Band 1, 0.375 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
, FIT9029, and FIT9028
This unit acts as the culmination of the Master program and provides students with the opportunity to apply their multi-disciplinary learning to date across multimedia design in a simulated studio production environment. This unit extends student knowledge of the characteristics and specifications of multimedia types, the operation of a multimedia studio and the issues that effect production. The application of multimedia product development will demonstrate a high level of critical analysis. Design processes and decsion-making undertaken in the studio will be responsive to the changing production environment in order to ensure effectiveness, viability and growth of the multimedia studio.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of multimedia for communication;
- Have a sound knowledge of the characteristics and technical specifications for different multimedia types;
- Be able to evaluate the effectiveness of business systems, processes and procedures and revise and amend the processes as a result of evaluation;
- Be able to work in a multi-disciplinary and/or group environment;
- Have an awareness of the nature of the development environment for multimedia systems and the role which they will play in it;
- Be able to participate in the design and creation of multimedia products and critically evaluate them;
- Have an understanding of the implementation and distribution proccess of multimedia products after production is complete;
- Understand the stages required for business growth of a multimedia studio;
- Observe and employ occupational health and safety appropriate to studio practice.
Major project: 70% + Written report: 30%
36 hours (1 x 8 hour studio and 28 hours independant study) per week
See also Unit timetable information