6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
On successful completion of this unit students should be able to skillfully and creatively manipulate and incorporate time based digital media within multimedia productions. Students are introduced to increasingly complex design and imaging tools and encouraged to explore innovative application to a wide range of communications and multimedia outcomes. Areas covered include motion graphics, sound and video production. Students will also be provided with appropriate skills and knowledge to create and produce a variety of electronic publishing media, such as WWW, Video and CD-ROM.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- use the computer and peripheral devices to acquire, compose and output audio visual content
- utilise a range of software applications in the creation and editing of digital audio visual content
- skilfully and creatively work with digital images and sound
- work with various file formats and hardware platforms
- use the computer to realise conceptual works especially for the discipline
- undertake projects focusing on a variety of electronic publishing needs
- optimise images/graphic files for particular medium
- incorporate digital video, audio and sound in multimedia projects
- understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study
Minor assignments: 60%. Major projects: 40%.
12 hours per week including; 1 hour lecture, 2 hour tutorial and 9 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information