12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit has been designed for front line supervisors of human service delivery and allied health staff. Although the unit draws on frameworks for social work supervision, front line supervisors with qualification from many disciplines will also benefit from this unit and find it contains material that is directly relevant to their workplace and their discipline. The unit will be attractive to supervisors (or potential supervisors) who wish to develop their skills in a creative and dynamic way.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Describe the role of supervisor as that of professional developer.
- Identify and articulate key components of clinical supervision.
- Develop a supervisory contract/agreement.
- Consider the benefits and limitations of individual, group and peer supervision.
- Critically evaluate their own supervisory style.
- Identify and articulate strategies to create a culture of professional learning within their workplace.
- Identify and articulate an understanding of common blocks in supervision and how to overcome these.
- Develop a portfolio of their own supervisory style.
- Hurdle requirement (equivalent 2,000 words) 10%
- Critical Evaluation of your own supervisory style (equivalent 3,000 words) 40%
- Develop a supervisory portfolio (5,000 words) 50% (hurdle)