12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
; and either or FNA3605
This unit is the culmination of the sculpture undergraduate program, and provides a stimulating and supportive environment. Students continue to work autonomously within an individually approved program of study as lecturers encourage the self-motivation, self-appraisal and professional responsibility required of the practising artist. A coordinator supervises the program and gives guidance as it is required and at the request of the students.
On successful completion of this unit, students should:
- be able to demonstrate advanced skills and critical strategies in creativity, and be able to work independently with developed self-reliance
- be able to produce a coherent body of Sculpture work with both high technical standards and theoretical credibility in the framework of contemporary critical discourse
- possess a strong faculty and methodology for critical inquiry, enabling them to question and discuss lucidly the issues relevant to current theory and practice in Sculpture and in broader art and design practice
- approach contemporary Sculpture practice and aesthetics with challenge and vigour, and be able to establish a personalised and informed discourse within the context of Sculpture practice
- achieve a professional presentation and documentation of works in the final submission of their folio
- understand and practice the rules of occupational health and safety in force in the Sculpture studio, and be able to collaborate and co-operate safely and productively within the studio environment with observance of the Occupational Health Safety and Environment regulations and policies of the studio.
Folio of studio work: 100%, of which at least 20% will be assessed before mid-semester.
24 hours per week, including 8 hours of taught studio and 16 hours of personal study and studio practice
See also Unit timetable information