6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Summer semester A 2018 (On-campus)
- Summer semester B 2018 (On-campus)
, , , , .
Must be enrolled in course 3868, 3891, M3002, M3003.
Students must submit valid preclinical documentation, as listed in the course handbook, to Administration staff by the deadline specified and communicated to students. Failure to submit these mandatory documents may result in students being unable to complete the course.
PTY3162 continues to develop the five themes upon which the four year curriculum is based. These are Theme 1 Personal and Professional Development; Theme 2 Population, Society and Health; Theme 3 Fundamental Knowledge of Health Science; Theme 4 Applied Practice; and Theme 5 Research. Problem based learning (PBL) and clinical practice provide the opportunities for integration of the different themes within the course. Students undertake a clinical attachment (5 weeks) during this unit, providing them the opportunity to apply integrated knowledge and skills from previous learning in the Bachelor of Physiotherapy to patient care in either an acute, subacute or community setting.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate professional behaviour in patient care and rights that is culturally sensitive and in accordance with legal requirements;
- Communicate appropriately and effectively across written and verbal mediums, with clients, staff, and other health care stakeholders;
- Tailor knowledge and skills to effectively assess patient needs, including selection of relevant measures of health indicators and outcomes;
- Analyse and plan appropriate patient interactions, including patient-centred goal development, and the selection of appropriate interventions;
- Apply an evidence-based practice to patient care;
- Critically analyse risks and adverse events associated with client assessments and interventions.
Clinical placement: 32 hours per week x 5 weeks.
All assessments are hurdle requirements
- Minimum attendance requirement
- Declaration of Learning Needs Discussion
- Clinical log survey
- Student self-evaluation using Assessment of Physiotherapy Practice
- Clinician evaluation using Assessment of Physiotherapy Practice (100%)
PTY3162 comprises five off-campus (clinical attachments) weeks. Students will spend 32 hours per week in their clinical attachment.
See also Unit timetable information