6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Completion of 48 points of any degree.
The central theme of this unit is applied psychology focused at the individual, group and organisational levels. At the individual level the use of vocational assessment inventories to determine career choice and selection will be examined. Theories of leadership, power, motivation, job satisfaction, morale and the processes involved in training personnel will be examined at the group level. At the organisational level topics include systems theory, organisational culture, conflict and change. Compulsory attendance at weekend schools is required for all off-campus students.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- understand the key concepts and terms adopted and investigated by organisational psychologists; and
- appreciate the practical application of organisation psychology principles in the workplace.
- Class participation assignments (10%)
- Administration and interpretation of a vocational assessment inventory (VPI) (20%)
- 'Key OB Concepts' PowerPoint report (20%)
- Exam (2 hours) (50%)
Hurdle: Students must pass the examination to achieve a pass for this unit
Two hour lecture per week, plus six 2 hour workshops in the semester.
See also Unit timetable information