6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Associate Professor Chivonne Algeo
This unit focuses on developing the ability to critically apply a diverse range of communication styles, structures and techniques in a project environment. The unit will emphasise the role that communication plays in managing project human resources and stakeholders, and the impact organisational culture and politics has on these activities. Additionally, the unit will address project management as a profession, and its ethics and competency standards
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Research, select and apply strategies, protocols and innovative methods for effective and efficient communications and management across all stakeholders.
- Interpret and manage the impact of human resources, organisational culture and politics on projects.
- Identify and analyse the ethical dimensions associated with project management decisions, use and quality.
- Reflect on and analyse the need for competency and ethical standards that are required for the profession of project management practice.
- Work together in a team and reflect on how the team can improve its performance.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Workshop; which comprise lectures and tutorials in block-mode (taught over two sets of 2.5 consecutive days), with up to 140 hours of combined face-to-face time attending workshops and off-campus preparation and assessment work.
See also Unit timetable information