6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
The project management methods, frameworks, and organising principles will be explored and supported with industry case studies across different industry sectors and project types. Project management process groups, the different project life cycles, and alternative methodologies will be introduced to demonstrate how projects are managed.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Differentiate and select effective and creative communication methods.
- Critically assess project scope, tasks, stakeholders and resources to select and implement appropriate project management tools and techniques.
- Formulate effective leadership and management strategies for both teams and stakeholders.
- Critique the terminology, tools, techniques, and processes in project management.
- Work together in a team and reflect on how the team can improve its performance.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Workshop; which comprise lectures and tutorials in block-mode (taught over two sets of 2.5 consecutive days), with up to 140 hours of combined face-to-face time attending workshops and off-campus preparation and assessment work.
See also Unit timetable information