6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit will equip students to meet professional workplace expectations in public health.
Building upon developing knowledge and understanding of the practice of public health, it will enhance and develop professional communication, teamwork, project management and leadership skills in public health.
Attention will also be given to professional conduct and the implementation of ethical codes of practice in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Critically evaluate issues related to professional practice in public health
- Implement a teamwork approach to reviewing and presenting a public health problem
- Apply project management theories to public health practice
- Analyse, summarise and explain issues related to public health to stakeholders
- Apply professionalism and teamwork skills in workplace contexts.
- Analyse and apply project management principles and processes to a public health project
- Critical reflections (12 x 150 words) (30%)
- Teamwork presentation (10%)
- Video and media release (20%)
- Project management plan (2,400 words) (40%) (hurdle)
The total workload requirement for this unit is 12 hours of work per week.
This incorporates 15 contact hours over 2 days + Off-Campus learning (OCL) (including private study and written reflections on professional practice issues through an online forum as formative tasks).
See also Unit timetable information