6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
, Distinction (70-79%) or High Distinction (80% or higher) in and Distinction (70-79%) or High Distinction (80% or higher) in .
Must be enrolled in one of the following course codes: 0046, 2311, 2312, 2872, M6008, M6024, M6082. International students enrolled in M6028 must be enrolled in
This is the final unit of two units designed to allow students to complete the conduct and write-up of a research project in the field of population health or clinical research. In this unit, students will complete the research project described in the research proposal developed in. Students will interrogate data using acceptable analytical processes, and write-up the research project in a format and style suitable for publication in an academic setting.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate their ability to manage data collection and/or analysis
- Work collaboratively with a research supervisor to achieve research milestones
- Write to an appropriate academic standard by incorporating existing research findings and supervisor feedback
- Analyse and present data in a clear, concise and systematic manner
- Recognise the strengths and limitations of their research design
- Understand, and experience, the practicalities of research project management
- Suggest directions for future research in their specialist area
- Demonstrate the capacity to write in a format and style appropriate for an academic audience of academic publication.
Completion and submission of project report (7,000 - 8,000 words) (100%)
Regular contact and consultation with supervisor either face to face or electronic.
6 hours per week for self-directed study and research related activities.
See also Unit timetable information