12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
Admission to Multimedia Design Honours course
This unit provides an opportunity to research issues, undertake conceptual designs and develop refinements on the basis of the advanced attainment achieved at the end of the Bachelor of Multimedia Design course. In most instances the project is proposed by the student at the beginning of the semester in consultation with the lecturer, and approved by the lecturer and course coordinator. In certain circumstances however, for a particular cohort, a project may be set for a number of students in order to address issues of common concern.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- demonstrate a capability to research and explore the full range of issues to be considered in a Multimedia Design project
- be able to practice Multimedia Design to a high standard of professional competency
- be able to relate their work to contemporary discourse and seek to extend its boundaries through their design work
4 .be able to defend their chosen direction in the major project against informed criticism
- have a base of sound knowledge, understanding and capability to undertake their major project
- Be capable of organising, developing and planning methodologies associated with the major project which will help to successfully determine a viable outcome.
Mid-semester portfolio: 20% Final portfolio: 80%
6 hours of lectures, tutorials and supervised studio plus 18 hours of independent study
See also Unit timetable information