6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
, , MGG2351
The international environment including international trade and investment, and the legal, political, cultural and technological contexts faced by internationalising organisations; forms of operations available to the internationalising organisation; the impact of the multinational enterprise; international strategic planning.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- examine the impact the international environment has on the internationalisation process of an organisation
- evaluate the role and influence of government and international funding and trade organisations
- identify the strategic issues impacting on internationalising organisations
- analyse how entry mode choice and the functional areas of management impact on the internationalisation of a firm.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information