6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit examines the process of organisation change within the theoretical frameworks of organisation culture, power and leadership. It examines the major schools of thought concerning the management of change, and analyses change processes used in organisations.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- discuss the major conceptual models underlying the OD change process and the role of the OD practitioner and his/her relationship with the client system
- critically assess the strengths and weaknesses of diagnostic techniques and its importance for the success of the planned change program
- discuss the main features of different interventions for the individual, work, group and organisational levels
- explain current trends in OD and speculate on how OD is likely to change in the near future
- demonstrate skills to analyse case studies of change situations.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information