6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Inclusive management is concerned with leveraging society's diversity for the benefit of individuals, groups and organisations. In the unit, students will develop a greater understanding of difference and inclusion, identify inclusive management opportunities for different contexts and practice approaches to effectively implement these changes. Current business trends and future directions for research are covered. The unit prepares students to manage effectively, garnering positive and inclusive individual, group and organisational outcomes. This unit is also designed to develop students' awareness of current theoretical perspectives on, and empirical evaluations of, organisational initiatives designed to foster well-being through diversity at both the individual and organisational level.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- synthesis concepts of mindset, openness, difference and inclusion
- analyse internal management inclusion opportunities and challenges
- analyse and compare solutions for external management inclusion opportunities and challenges
- demonstrate awareness of self and inclusive management practices
- identify predictors and consequences of 'wellness' and 'toxicity' in the organisational context
- describe and critically evaluate current organisational wellness initiatives.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information