0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Enrolment in 3111
Design Theory Workshop examines theoretical models and investigative methods in contemporary research. The candidate develops a conceptual framework of studio research and exegesis that identifies the relations between research intention and research method.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- have identified a conceptual framework for the research
- be able to argue the logic of their research process
- be able to situate the relevance of their research within a contemporary context
- have translated an aspect of their enquiry into a relevant form of scholarship to the field of research (i.e. academic poster, abstract, conference paper, journal article, research report)
- be equipped to sustain an exegetical elaboration of their research.
Draft chapter outline (1500 words), or equivalent exegetical work: 25%
Draft introductory chapter (3500 words), or equivalent exegetical work: 75%
2 hour seminar and 8 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information