6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus block of classes)
- First semester (extended) 2018 (On-campus block of classes)
Admission to F6005 (the double award Master of Industrial Design with SouthEast University, China).
This unit develops the practice of advanced design communication by combining techniques and media, as well as experimental methods. Students will be required to examine current methods to help develop their design visualisation proficiency.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in the use of drawing as a means of communication to show salient features of an intended design;
- Have an advanced practical and critical understanding of drawing as a method of externalising thoughts and developing ideas;
- Communicate their ideas through concept presentation sketches and renderings;
- Use drawing for persuasion and communication in a design context;
- Demonstrate proficiency in a variety of techniques: traditional, electronic and experimental;
- Select appropriate techniques to suit the nature of the design or the communicative purpose.
Preliminary review and analysis (30%)
Exegetical presentation (70%)
Block mode: 36 hours and 108 hours independent study; On campus: 4 hours and 8 hours of independent study per week.
See also Unit timetable information