6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Students undertaking course Bachelor of Industrial Design or Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design), who have completed one ofor and have completed one of or
This unit covers an advanced practice of combining techniques and media, as well as experimental methods; introduction to framing of the subject; selection of the most appropriate view; combination of views; development of background treatment; composition of pictorial settings for products.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- draw to build ideas and show salient features of an intended design rather than a pre-existing object
- appreciate drawing as a method of externalising thoughts and developing ideas
- communicate their ideas through concept presentation sketches and renderings
- use drawing for persuasion and communication in a product design context
- demonstrate proficiency in the use of appropriate drawing mediums and equipment
- understand the range of drawing mediums and select appropriate techniques to suit the nature of the design or the communicative purpose.
Regular exercises:70% Visual diary: 30%
4 studio hours and 8 independent study hours
See also Unit timetable information