6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
One of, , or or equivalent
At the completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the current technological options with respect to e-business application development and the most likely trends going forward;
- analyse and debug existing e-Business applications;
- design, code and test basic e-Business applications using current industrial strength techniques;
- describe and use some of the core APIs used in e-Business applications;
- apply good programming practices in accordance with industry standards and professional ethics.
Examination (2 hours): 60%; In-semester assessment: 40%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Two hours lectures
- One hour tutorials
- Two hours laboratories
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 2-3 hours of personal study per one hour of lecture time in order to satisfy the reading, tute, prac and assignment expectations.
See also Unit timetable information