6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit provides Interactive media students with foundation skills relevant to all other Interactive media major units. This unit covers the basics of information graphic, digital graphic and motion graphic editing and introduces the fundamentals of web production with CSS and HTML 5. The unit content will introduce students to some of the key conceptual, technical and craft issues related to digital media production, and give them the opportunity to create media products based on their own practice based research.
At the completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- research and evaluate established and emerging digital media technologies;
- apply digital media production techniques for a range of formats (i.e. information graphic motion graphic, digital graphic, web and mobile);
- analyse and assess digital media processes and technologies;
- design and develop digital media content.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- One hour lecture/seminar
- Three hours tutorial/laboratories
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 2-3 hours of personal study per one hour of lecture time in order to satisfy the reading, tute, prac and assignment expectations.
See also Unit timetable information