12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Students undertake a self-guided learning task in the form of a project in this unit. Projects will consist of either a design, theoretical or experimental investigation in the broad area of energy and sustainability. The project may be undertaken within the School or externally with a company or research organization.
At the end of this unit, students should be able to:
- conduct an independent, scientifically based research project by extending their current specialization to the energy and sustainability area
- undertake an extensive review of relevant scientific literature and critically analyze its relevance to the project work
- apply sound scientific method and research practices to undertake project work
- manage a research project effectively within technical, budgetary, risk and time constraints
- communicate ideas and results of their work to a professional audience
Continuous Assessments: 100 %
12 hours of independent study per week.
See also Unit timetable information