12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Graham Parr (Term 4)
- Term 2 2018 (Flexible)
- Term 4 2018 (Flexible)
Not available in the MEd in Inclusive and Special Education
In this unit students design and execute an individual research project in an area broadly related to education with appropriate supervision. The project investigates an issue of significance and includes a critical review of relevant literature, an appropriate explication of a methodological position, analysis of data and presentation of findings.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- locate a research concern within a relevant body of academic scholarship
- review a particular field and identify implications for research
- focus a research project on selected research methodologies
- use research processes with due regard to ethical procedures and academic conventions
- demonstrate a capacity to engage in reflective, critical discussion of the relevant research area.
Research report (10,000 words, 100%)
Flexible mode offers students blocks of on campus teaching to supplement self-directed learning activities and assessment in a supported way; this unit is not designed to be completed exclusively online.
Minimum total expected workload equals 288 hours per semester comprising:
- one-on-one or group supervision activities equivalent to 1-2 hours per week
- independent study to meet the minimum required hours per semester
See also Unit timetable information