6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
Students must have passed ECG2721 orbefore undertaking this unit.
Students will deepen their knowledge of Australia's traditional and emerging trading partners through lectures and contact with business people who have successful records in this field; case studies of particular countries covering economic, legal and financial aspects, will be undertaken in depth; successful Australian exporters will be examined; practical visits to operating entities to bring the topic to life.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- understand Australia's traditional and emerging trading partners
- understand the process of international trade, the parties involved and their functions
- be able to argue a point of view in a structured setting and to question and participate in a team environment
- develop a professional attitude whilst interfacing with industry practitioners
- acquire knowledge of the application of the case study method of study.
Within semester assessment: 40% + Examination: 60%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information