6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
A further advancement for students in the study of drawing activities as they relate to the broad field of current art practice. A series of projects offer opportunities for students to advance their capacities in arriving at individual interpretations and solutions. Group discussions and activities are aimed at encouraging the further development of drawing as significant medium of visual research.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- have individual responses to a variety of set visual problems, for the purposes of notation and expression, through use of a wide range of materials and mediums;
- be able rigorously to pursue, through a variety of drawing media and methods, a concentrated sequence of ideas;
- have an advanced understanding and knowledge of the broad range of contemporary drawing art practices, and its relevance as a complement to other areas of studio activity.
- critically engage and produce drawing in relation to their conceptual direction and perceptive observations.
- understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
This is a semester-long project unit.
3 studio hours and 9 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information